Buying a bike is pretty straightforward, but picking bike insurance is more complicated. Once your brand-new bike is on the road, it is vulnerable to various threats, such as theft and natural and man-made disasters. What measures do you take to protect the safety and security of your bike on the road? Purchase bike insurance online to increase your vehicle’s safety and security.
The question is, “Does my motorbike insurance cover every two-wheeler I ride?” Unfortunately, the answer to that question is no. Any bike insurance premium covers only the two-wheeler insurance and does not cover the owner; instead, it provides coverage for the vehicle. In the same way that each vehicle has a different registration certificate, you must purchase individual insurance policies for each.
So what does bike insurance cover?
- A two-wheeler insurance policy protects you against natural and man-made dangers, fire, theft, etc.*
- Your third-party legal liability is covered if your automobile causes bodily injury to a third party or property damage to a third-party vehicle in the event of an accident. In addition, covering for personal accidents is offered.*
Now, let’s discuss the exclusions of the bike insurance policy:
- Loss of accessories
- Every legal liability incurred by a for-hire driver is their responsibility.
- Personal injury protection for pillion riders
- Any damages resulting from the driver’s carelessness are their responsibility.
- Natural automobile deterioration
- Driving while under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or sedatives.
The insurance needs of ABC and XYZ may be quite different. If dissatisfied with a plan’s primary insurance coverage, you may always purchase additional riders from your insurance company.
Whether you are interested in purchasing a new insurance policy or renewing an existing one, numerous insurance options are available. Do not base your choice of insurance plan just on obtaining the most economical premium. In addition to minimal premiums, pay attention to the maximum insurance benefits and easily understand how to claim bike insurance.
- Choose a smaller or less expensive bike to obtain an affordable insurance policy. The costs of replacing spare components and repairing the bike will be low.
- Customised or distinctive bikes are considered more expensive when it comes time to repair or replace spare parts. Also, these vehicles are viewed as highly desirable by thieves.
- The less your motorbike is used on the road, the less risk it is exposed to.*
- Your insurance company examines this element and provides you with a lower rate.
- Paying your insurance premium in full at the time of purchase will be less expensive. If you pay in monthly instalments, the price will be higher.*
- There is a good likelihood that your insurance company will charge you a lesser rate if you have yet to file any claims within a given time frame. *
- At the time of renewal, you should not renew with your current insurance carrier. Keep an eye out for different insurance companies eager to give you superior advantages at a competitive price.
- Constantly maintain your bike’s safety and security. Parking your vehicle in an authorised garage is preferable to leaving it alone on the street. You may use locks, chains, etc., to increase the security of your car.
- The greater your riding experience, the less hazardous you appear to an insurance carrier. That implies that you must pay the highest premium. The insurance company may examine your driving record.
- You may be eligible for a concession if you purchase your house, auto, health, and other insurance policies from a single insurer.
- You can get an inexpensive premium quotation if you don’t have a pillion.*
As per the legal requirements, you must purchase third-party insurance. If you do not comply, you may be subject to a penalty.
*Standard T&C Apply
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.‘